In order to operate effectively and fulfil its legal obligations, Locker Freight needs to collect, maintain and use certain personal information about current, past and prospective employees, customers, suppliers and other individuals with whom it has dealings. All such personal information, whether held on computer, paper or other media, will be obtained, handled, processed, transported and stored lawfully and correctly, in accordance with the safeguards contained in the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
Locker Freight is committed to the eight principles of data protection as detailed in the DPA. These principles require that personal information must:
- Be fairly and lawfully processed and not processed unless specific conditions are met
- Be obtained for one or more specified, lawful purposes and not processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes
- Be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary
- Be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights under the DPA
- Be kept secure from unauthorised or unlawful processing and protected against accidental loss, destruction or damage, and
- Not be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless the country or territory ensures adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of the data subjects.
In order to comply with the data protection principles, Locker Freight will:
- Observe fully all conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal information
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purpose for which information is used
- Collect and process appropriate personal information only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with legal obligations
- Ensure the quality of the personal information used
- Apply strict checks to determine the length of time personal information is held
- Ensure that individuals about whom information is held are able to exercise their rights under the DPA, including the right to be informed that processing is taking place, the right of access to their own personal information, the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and the right to correct, rectify, block or erase incorrect information
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information, and
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred outside the EEA without suitable safeguards.
Terms & Conditions
The term “Locker Freight ” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Locker Freight Ltd, Hale View Road, Huyton, Liverpool L36 6DD.
Our company registration number is 1048184.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Locker Freight’s prior written consent.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.